Vanagon Campers

PugMomLisa

Vanagon Campers

Post by PugMomLisa »

Anyone still have one of these bad-boys? I'm thinking to get one for travelling. It's small enough to park comfortably, so I'm concerned if it's comfy inside as well.
Wasserboxer

Re: Vanagon Campers

Post by Wasserboxer »

I have an '87 Transporter. We camp in it all the time. It's very comfortable.
Stephansvolvo

Post by Stephansvolvo »

I remember as a kid traveling and camping in one these with my aunt and uncle. Now my brother in law has one. I love them. It'll do good for you.
mattballman

Post by mattballman »

I've got a 91 weekender with the fold down seats. there is plenty of room for camping. There is also tons of online support for the Vanagon. Its a lot like owning a 240. Plenty of people willing to help out if you have questions or problems.
tommySL500

Post by tommySL500 »

we take our 83 country homes conversion to concerts and then stay overnight in the parking lot of the venue and miss the traffic out. it's been out to colorado and back from vermont. only advice: get a watercooled vanagon variant, it's nice to have heat. past vw's in the fam: 80 vanagon (dribble of heat), 79 transporter (zero heat), 04 passat, 99 cabrio, 98, 83 jettas, 86 golf, 82, 80 rabbit convertibles, 82, 80, 79, 78, 75 sciroccos, 79, 75 rabbits. a love affair with german steel is much more satisfying than british iron. enjoy
LudwigVan

Post by LudwigVan »

There are a couple of places in Denver you can actually rent one for a few weeks. About 200 per day once you are all done. When you consider thats a hotel room plus car rental, its pretty reasonable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic