Hi from England

caravellvis

Hi from England

Post by caravellvis »

Hi guys, I'm a T4(Eurovan in USA) owner. I have a lwb twin slider Caravelle 2.4d with a manual gearbox and my Van is from 1996. Slow but (fairly!) reliable. We have 4 separate rear seats on Mushroom Bolts, so easy to turn into a Van, or MPV. We bought a pre-owned, folding, wooden bed thats fairly quick and simple to install, that utilises the 2 seats in front of the wheel arches as support, so we still have 5 seats, even if the Bed is open, and a full complement of 4 in the rear when the bed is folded up. Opening the rear Tailgate, when the bed is fitted, gives access to the secure under bed storage, which is inaccessible without opening the Tailgate.
She's a bit rough round the edges, in boring NHS Blue and rust. She has covered under 150k miles in 20 years and I have owned her for 5ish years.
We are slowly beginning to do Prep work for a re-spray, and have just purchased a Volvo 850 TDI from 1996 as well as a stand in for when the T4 is away to be sprayed and given some tlc to her dilapidating body!
Which brings me here, searching for Volvo 850 advice, and finding a new VW Forum it'd be rude not to pop in and say Hi!
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Hi from England

Post by Matt »

Hello Caravellvis, thanks for posting. Your van sounds great. Love to see pics of it (interior) when you have time.
caravellvis

Post by caravellvis »

Cheers Matt, I'm old enough to consider my T4 a "Modern" Vehicle (my previous runarounds were Morris Minors from '64 and '72) but my techie ability isn't great, I shall have to get one of my Yoot to show me to to upload photos. To be truthful I'll also have to use one of their Digital Devices to take photos, as my 110 Film camera won't comply.
The interior is nothing special, indeed a little grubby, but the Bed has opened up a new world of comfortable weekend camping, and I'm determined to show that off, installed and with dimensions as it's a beautiful fit for a lwb, made to measure by a Craftsman Carpenter for the previous owner of the bed.
I hope this Forum gets as much traffic as the sister Volvo Forum, as MatthewsVolvoSite seems VERY popular and with a very knowledgeable crew.
Please excuse if it takes me a while to figure out how this Forum operates, as I tried to tag yourself in this post, but can't figure it out yet.
It's 2.00am here and I'm waiting on a call from one of my Yoot to be picked up as he is on his way back to U.K. from Morrocco and is hiding in the Toilet of a Train just now on his way back home from the Airport ( Hobo!spent up when he was away) so may get thrown off before our town and need Dad Taxi and that will give me leverage for a little Tech Support and 101
LudwigVan

Post by LudwigVan »

Great story - love it.

We cannot subourn Hobo riding on trains due to our Solicitors - oh, wait, you are outside our legal jurisprudence..ride on!!

The Pop Top Caravans go for incredible amounts of money over here in the states - 30k Quid and up
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic