VW Experience.

kewrock

VW Experience.

Post by kewrock »

Back in 2000 I sold cars at a Ford dealership for a few years on Long Island. One day I got a really good looking German woman who was a officer at a German tech firm. She looked just like the South African blond diplomat in the first Lethal Weapon movie. Anyway. Her company was leasing her car. She was at my dealership to pick out a car, and make arrangements for us to return her previous lease to the VW dealer about 50 miles further out on Long Island. So she traded in a 97 Golf for a 2000 Ford Focus 2-door hatchback. I didn't give it much thought, I figured they both looked like similar economy coupes, and they were listed in the same class. WOW! I couldn't have been more wrong. I had to jockey the off-lease out to the Riverhead VW dealer via the L.I.E.(long straight road) I couldn't believe what a beast that car was. Fast as hell, nimble, responsive. Weaving in and out of slower traffic at 80+MPH, the engine still had plenty of power when the automatic transmission was kicked down.

I drove a lot of cars in my salesman career. The Mustang GT might have hadthe raw power (280hp at the time). But the Golf handled like