VW vs Audi

caseyhoelscher

VW vs Audi

Post by caseyhoelscher »

With all of the recent bad press, and clear improper management / deceit on the part of Volkswagon, how does that affect the resale value of those cars purchased during that period? Also, does any of this affect Audi , the part in question or the resale value?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: VW vs Audi

Post by Matt »

Good question. I know one diesel engine affected by the emissions scandal was also used in Audis, but IIRC, it was in Europe.

My thought is that car buyers aren't sophisticated enough to associate the two brands. So no, no crossover hate.

Sorry, but I set the bar pretty low from what I expect from today's drivers.
oldironsights

Post by oldironsights »

The resale value of new & very recent VW's have been effected in a negative direction simply by have the VW name.
The Diesel versions have taken the biggest hit, but the gasoline versions were also dragged into the mud.
Who wants a "dirty" car from a dirty car maker?

The Audi should fare just as well as before. Too many people love the Audi style & performance to ever harbor a negative thought about one.

I really don't care what a biased reporter types or what strangers think about VW.
I own one & I intend to keep it till I am bored with it.
With all of the aftermarket goodies available for VW's, I may depart from this world before I part with my Passat.
I find older German cars far more interesting than most old Asian cars.
spih27

Post by spih27 »

Your average Joe does not know Audi and VW are the same company, plus if you live in a more wintery climate, those who want AWD will look Audi first.

Diesel is a hard sell in NJ though because you have to pump your own diesel.
The Big V

Post by The Big V »

Gee wizz NJ people have to pump there diesel fuel ,that means getting out of the car every 400 miles,good god that,s shocking,whats next?
The drive through at McDonald,s is shut down as the lined up cars are causing to much pollution,the ATM ,the Cleaners.Have to get out of the car!!!??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic