I'll have more thoughts on this tonight or tomorrow, and a full Alltrack JB4 Install DIY in a day or two.
Random notes while I have it on my mind:
- The install took about 2 hours.
- I removed the battery to get the OBDII wire through the firewall. It makes it so much easier with the battery gone.
- Some people say they can get the lowest connector done without jacking the car or using ramps. I have no idea how. I didn't even try without jacking and removing the belly pan/splash guard.
- Some of the connection clips are difficult to undo. A very small flat blade screwdriver helps, and IMHO is the best tool.
- Battery terminals: 10mm socket.
- Belly pan torx: T25.
- Belly pan bolts: 13mm socket.