2002 Golf interior water leak

Narvan

2002 Golf interior water leak

Post by Narvan »

I have a question regarding a friend's Jetta - she's got water getting in front passenger floor area - is this similar to a water issue I had in my 2002 Passat, where the seal inside the passenger door was the culprit causing me a big puddle in the rear passenger floor area?

Also - any electronics under the drivers floor area she should be concerned about getting wet?
statvw

Re: 2002 Golf interior water leak

Post by statvw »

Hi,

Had similar problem with my 2003 mk4 golf. Still trying find which seal is the culprit.

Thanks.
autoperdu

Post by autoperdu »

Hello Narvan,

I once had a problem with water in front passengers area and it turned out to be the drain for ac was not pushed out through firewall and excess water was collecting on the floor. I believe that there are no electronics on the floor there, but I have manual seats and cannot comment on others.
I would recommend that you check this if it is a mysterious no rain problem.

Hope you find an answer!
gfmatthe

Post by gfmatthe »

Hi,
check pollen filter housing seal, you can google the fix for this, tube of silicone and 30 minutes of your time. Also open each door in turn after heavy rain. Run your hand below the door card and door metal if its dripping wet the door seal behind the door card has broken down and needs to be replaced. Again fix is out there in inter web world. Don't take the short cut, make sure you remove the plate between the door card and door it's self and re-seal.
Clear out the small drain holes at base of door and your good to go, about 40 minutes per door.

Hope this helps,
Gary.
ig-88a

Post by ig-88a »

Like previous posters have said, check the seal to you pollen filter housing, and also check your a/c drain. You'll find it on the passenger side firewall down low under the hood. It should have a rubber flap over it. Lift up the rubber flap and poke around in the hole with your pinky, a pencil, or whatever else you've got on hand. Lots of times, leaves, mud, and all sorts of other debris will come out followed by some water. Also make sure that your sunroof drain tube on that side is still connected. I had a sunroof drain tube magically become disconnected all by itself one time. Water would run down the passenger side a-pillar and soak the carpet in the floorboard. the sunroof was the last thing I checked because my headliner wasn't soaking through at all. You can also check the sunroof tubes for clogs. They may all still be connected. But one or more may be clogged with leaves or whatever. Disconnect them, and blow through them or run a bit or water through them to make sure they're clear.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic